Friday, June 8, 2012

Our last night in Honduras!



We’re almost on our way!!!

This morning we had a little despedida with the parents, brothers, sisters, cake and pop. The girls gave their Power Point presentation and we showed the video-minutes we made for the 4th Youth Forum on World Heritage. And tomorrow is the big day!!!!

The girls are excited but have everything under control. It’s the moms who are much more nervous. Especially Norma’s mom isn’t too keen on having her daughter boarding an airplane. She was also worried about the rains. She asked me if the plane could fly through the rain. I told her not to worry about the rain, that we’ll be flying above the clouds, but that made things only worse. She turned so pale, I thought she was going to faint.

So, so long for now! I hope there will be internet at the places we’re staying so I can keep this blog updated. I also hope there will be a TV so I can watch a Euro Cup game here and there. When I realised I’ll be actually missing Holland’s first game tomorrow, I I was soooo tempted postpone the trip. World heritage is very important, but isn’t soccer part of my patrimony too? ;)

If you want to contribute to our trip, pleeeaaaase do, we’re still short on money! You can make a tax deductible donation here.
For now, I want to thank everybody who has made this trip possible: The people in Spain of course, for organizing the event in the first place and doing such an amazing job. Eva Martínez of the Honduran Institute of Anthropology and History for passing on this great opportunity. And of course Patricia McAnany and Sarah Rowe of InHerit who have been so great in making this trip a reality. Thanks to all the people who have donated towards this adventure and a special thanks to Argi Diez, supportive as always.
Hasta la vista!

No comments:

Post a Comment